The Joy Diet by Martha Beck - Book recommendation
The Joy Diet – Martha Beck
No matter what your long-term goals are, "The Joy Diet", written by Martha Beckwith her own inimitable blend of wisdom, practical guidance, and humour, will help you achieve the immediate gift of joyful living in the here and now.
Discover a menu of ten behaviours you can add to your way of living and thinking to enhance every day’s journey through the unpredictable terrain of your existence.
Add these behaviours gradually and watch your life become steadily more vivid and satisfying. Or you can go on a “crash Joy Diet” to help you navigate life’s emergencies. The ten menu items are:
• Nothing: Do nothing for fifteen minutes a day. Stop mindlessly chasing goals and figure out which goals are worth going after.
• Truth: Create a moment of truth to help you unmask what you’re hiding—from others and from yourself.
• Desire: Identify, articulate, and explore at least one of your heart’s desires—and learn how to let yourself want what you want.
• Creativity: Learn six new ways to develop at least one new idea to help you obtain your heart’s desire.
• Risk: Take one baby step toward reaching your goal. The only rule is it has to scare the pants off you.
• Treats: Give yourself a treat for every risk you take and two treats just because you’re you. No exceptions. No excuses.
• Play: Take a moment to remember your real life’s work and differentiate it from the games you play to achieve it. Then play wholeheartedly.
• Laughter: Laugh at least thirty times a day. Props encouraged.
• Connection: Use your Joy Diet skills to interact with someone who matters to you.
• Feasting: Enjoy at least three square feasts a day, with or without food.
For a free pdf companion guide to The Joy Diet visit Martha Beck's website